Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleepless Nights...

He jolts from sleep, staring into the dead of night. Trying to see through the blackness.
He's drench in sweat and breathing heavily.

He's there.

Scanning the perimeter, checking his points.
Then he spots me.
Pure fear floods his face.
Wide eyed and scared.

He's there.

I reach my hand out to touch his shoulder and he jerks back from me.
Pulling the covers over his mouth, then nose. He looked frightened. He looked terrified.

He's there.

It was 12:00am.
It took me 3 mins to talk him back.
Back to reality, back to life.
Longest 3 mins of my life.

I was asked to write a letter to the VA for my husbands file. So i am going over things that have happened since he came home. So there will be lots of little random events. Where's the man i married? Sometimes it feels like he never came home.

~Fear & Loathing in Oregon~

No comments:

Post a Comment